Blockchain Developer Bootcamp With Solidity Development
In Partnership With Alchemy University
Full-Time | 12 weeks | April 2023 | Online
Three months of intensive hard work can put you three years ahead in life. Learn the skills you need to build applications and smart contracts to jumpstart your career as a software developer.
Three months of free, super intensive, hands-on software development learning, followed by job placement or job search support for refugee women in the United States of America.
- You are a refugee woman (or female asylum seeker, asylee, or on patrol).
- You are above the age of 18.
- You are able to work legally in the United States of America.
- You are unemployed.
- You obtain a comprehensive written and spoken English.
- You obtain computer literacy (meaning you know how to use a computer, browsers, email and download applications etc.)
- You can commit to always being present, punctual and motivated.
- You must be able to attend the bootcamp during Pacific Time hours (9am-6pm).
- You have sufficient funding for your living expenses during the program.
- You are looking for a job in tech.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A computer/laptop and a stable internet connection.
- An interest in coding.
- To be brave enough to suck at something new—until you don’t.
- Ability of learning to solve problems on your own. We’ll guide you and teach you the best practices, but you must be proactive and not have to be told what to do.
- The eagerness to transform your career or improve your life.
- You are dedicated and committed.
WHAT YOU DON’T NEED
- A background in Maths or STEM subjects.
- An educational background.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
- The maximum class will be only 15 students, the support is high.
- Real-Time collaboration with classmates.
- 1-1 coding mentor guiding you on your journey.
- Career coach (for the entire class).
- Intense soft skills training to set you up for success in finding a job.
- Online career events with industry professionals.
YOU ARE A RIGHT FIT, IF YOU ARE:
- Never give up.
- Reflecting on constructive feedback to become a better version of yourself.
- Willing to ask questions.
- Hardworking and ready to make sacrifices.
YOU WILL NOT BE A RIGHT FIT, IF YOU:
- Always need to be told exactly what to do.
- Don’t prioritize your participation in the program.
- Are quickly frustrated every time you get stuck on a problem.
- Don’t feel comfortable asking questions until you understand complicated concepts.
- Don’t have a goal and don’t know why you are joining this bootcamp.
- Can’t give, receive or implement constructive feedback.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
- Program is rigorous and fast-paced despite it’s self-learning.
- You’ll use what you learn on a real and hands-on final project to develop your portfolio that helps you find a job.
- Over the course of 12 weeks; you’ll follow a self-learning program, take part in several individual and team exercises, working and learning independently and in virtual breakout groups.
- You will receive homework assignments to apply what you have learnt and built on it.
- The goal is to give you a comprehensive learning experience and help you on your journey of a career change into tech.
- The program teaches you the ability to develop in-demand skills to be employable for the long term.
If this challenge makes you excited and you’re willing to put in the hard work to transform your life, then you should:
We will notify every applicant whether they will be selected for an introduction interview.
If you pass the first introduction interview, there will be a second interview where your logical thinking and analytical skills are tested. If you pass that, then there will be one final interview before you will be notified whether you are accepted to the free coding bootcamp. Don’t doubt about your ability, as there’s nothing to lose by trying!
What are the prerequisites for joining the course?
Is this coding bootcamp completely free?
The short answer is yes. However, terms and conditions will apply; you must be punctual at all times and obtain full attendance. If you don’t follow through our terms and conditions, you can be dismissed from the program, as well as required to pay a fine. If you decide to drop out, there will also be a fine. There is nothing you should worry about financially as long as you are committed to complete the coding bootcamp. This enables us to find the right young women who take this great opportunity seriously.
Can I take this course at my own pace or is there a fixed schedule I’ll have to adhere to?
The bootcamp has a fixed schedule (Pacific Time) of 12 weeks of self-learning with your peers. 7 hours a day (plus 2-3 live workshops per week), 5 days per week, and weekends for homework and final project – it’s a full time intensive bootcamp.
Will you help me find a job after the bootcamp?
If you do your part, we’ll do ours. By joining the bootcamp you’ll receive help from our career coach to help map out a strategy. During the final month of the bootcamp, you’ll participate in a ‘careers week’ that includes HR and technical interviews and meet tech companies from our hiring network.
What type of job can I get after completing the coding bootcamp?
What will I learn at the coding bootcamp?
By the end of the bootcamp, students will know enough cryptography principles to build a proof-of-work blockchain, know how the Ethereum network works, will know how to advance their Solidity skills, and develop according to industry best practices.